Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Papertrey Ink Challenge for Day 5

020510 Bird Birthday

The challenge on PTI today is to make a card using any embossing resist technique.  I love this techniques and have used it often.  I thought today though that I would make a simple birthday card with the bird stamp.  It had a lot of negative space to show the yellow text that I stamped on the SU Confetti Cardstock.  then i heat embossed the bird with clear embossing powder and then rubbed Ranger Blue Jean Distress Ink all over the area.  I cut the bird out with my deckle rectangle spellbinder die.  I cut another piece of Designer Paper from my scraps with the next size up die.   I adhered a piece if SU Barely Banana CS to the card base of SU Navy CS.  The bird is adhered with dimensionals.  I stamped happy birthday in Almost Navy SU Ink and a navy blue button tied with twine. 

Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 3rd birthday and have lots of wonderful challenges going on with wonderful prizes.  I would love to win any of their prizes.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

This is cute and different!

Angela Lemmons said...

You're card turned out so pretty! It took me 3 tries to get something decent!! I am going to have to get some Ranger distressing inks - I really like them!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I like the bird with the swirls underneath, so cute! As for winning, I will not be the least bit surprised if I see your name :>) Here is hoping this little birdie brings you lots of luck!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I had the hardest time with this challenge and ended up not getting my card done in time to enter, but you did a wonderful job!

As I told Alyssa, I pretty much suck at emboss resist!

KymKreates said...

This birdie is so dang cute! I just think it is terrific. I so wish I could find my heat gun. Michael will not let me buy another. Says I should find the one I have, so searching through more boxes I will go!
Kym

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me some love....