Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ready for some eye dazzling sparkle and glittery cards?

That is what the Digi Doodle Shop’s Best challenge is for this week.  A creation with glitter or sparkle or both. 

Our design team has really out done themselves this week and we can’t wait to see what all you paper crafters have for us this week.

We had a wonderful participation last week of out ribbon challenge and look forward to seeing everyone creations again this week.  I want to say thank you to each and everyone of your wonderful ladies for taking the time to join our challenges.  All of your creations are such an inspiration to us all.

This week I tarried from my normal style and created a card with only 2 layers and lots of glitter.  When I asked for a suggestion as to what to do this week, Judy, the owner and one of the creators of the wonderful stamps in Digi Doodle Shop, suggested doing something like this. 

DDSB# 8

 

The firecracker has one of the doodle blooms shooting out of it.  I thought was a fabulous idea.  I printed and then colored the stamp and cut it out.  I stamped with a red rubber stamp the firecracker and colored with Copic Markers and also use some of the Spica Markers on the firecracker and the flowers.   My glitter part comes from the firework swirls and the stars.  I used my SU 2 way glue and painted the SU stamps with the glue and then stamped on the SU cardstock.  I  covered the glue with Diamond Dust Glitter and then shook off excess.  I was surprised at how it worked so well.  I have never had good results with glitter and just don’t use it, so this is a new technique for me.   I then added some white gel pen highlighting marks around the stars and in parts of the swirls.  Tied a bow with some very thin red,white, and blur ribbon I had in my ribbon collection.

The Doodle Bloom collection is free this month at Digi Doodle Shop with a $5.00 purchase.  And all Mother’s day and floral stamps are 25% of all month.  So go and stock up on all your favorite Digi Doodle Shop stamps and get these 2 free stamps.

We waiting for you at the Digi Doodle Shop’s Best challenge blog so hop on over there and use the new “link “ program to show us your glittery and sparkling creations. 

13 comments:

Katja said...

Love this card and colors!!! They are in the Dutch flag also!!!

Really nice image you used!! Maybe i will use that image some time!

Much love,
Katja

Alyssa S said...

This is so fun and sparkly! What a great idea to have some flowers bursting out of the firecracker :o) I love all your white gel pen highlights too!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely Sparkly on your card Harriet..great idea for using flowers on the firecracker...nice idea too with the white gel pen dear Harriet...Lovely card...

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Such a lovely cad, Harriet. Those swirly are awesome. :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Very festive for the Memorial Day weekend coming up! Love it! :)

Judy said...

Another awesome card hun. I always love seeing what you do. You're amazing!!!

Hugs

Doreen said...

A stunning card, what vibrant colours and all that glitter superb.xxx

Leigh Ann Baird said...

So festive and sparkly! This is lovely and very unique! Great work!

Karen Howard said...

Love the red, white and blue and what a great idea to have flowers coming out of the firecracker!!! Beautiful card as always!

KymKreates said...

Your card is just so festive!!! I love all the sparkle and glitz!!!! Makes me smile in looking forward to all the summer fun!

LD Hugs,
Kym

Michelle B said...

Very cute card Harriet! I love the Fourth of July feel of this card, and the sparkle is perfect.

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Karen said...

Lovely Harriet!
xx

Chris said...

love this! it's very patriotic!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me some love....